Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Soup Man is in Ottawa, Canada

Have you ever heard of the Soup Man? Did you ever watch the Seinfeld episode about the "Soup Nazi"? The character was based on Al Yeganeh - the owner of the real Soup Man in New York City.

They have just opened up their first Canadian store ever and guess where it is located? Yep, you guessed it...it is located in Ottawa in the Bayshore Shopping Mall.

So, while we were doing a little shopping at Bayshore yesterday we decided to get some lunch. I absolutely love soup so I decided to try the soup at "The Soup Man". Being vegetarian, I was impressed to see a few vegetarian selections. There were 3 sizes so I chose the medium size because I was starving. At first I thought it was a bit pricey for soup but I was pleasantly suprised to see that I also got a fresh piece of bread (not a slice of regular bread but a portion of a baguette) and an apple for dessert. When I finally tried the soup I then realized why the Soup Man has become so popular. The soup that I chose, Tomato Basil, was absolutely delicious. It was filling too. I had to bring half of it home with me. I re-heated it today and it was just as delicious.

If you are at Bayshore, you must try one of their soups. Enjoy!

Welcome to Ottawa, Soup Man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home