Monday, April 18, 2005

Ottawa's Best Blog Contest

I read a really interesting article in Saturday's Ottawa Citizen (yes, I only read it today - I was busy all weekend)! Anyway, in the City section there is an article by Alex Munter about Blogs in Ottawa! How cool. The article goes on to describe what blogs are (for those that don't know what blogs are...ahem...that was me 2 months ago)! He uses a few examples - a political blog, a local resident talking about her neighbourhood and one that rates the various pizza places in Ottawa.

On to the contest - Alex Munter will be collecting nominations for Ottawa's best local blog. The winner will be announced on April 30th. That winner will have a link to their blog on the Ottawa Citizen website. For those of you who are trying to increase your traffic then this is one way to do it! If you want some more details then check out the website for the Ottawa Citizen.

In no way am I intending to submit my blog (nor am I asking for anyone else to submit it) because it is no where near as creative as some of the others I have seen (remember, I wrote about this a week or so ago). However, I do think it is a great contest because there are some very interesting blogs out there. I think I may submit a few local blogs that I have enjoyed reading.

Edited this on April 25 to say that TODAY is the deadline to submit your blogs!!!

2 Comments:

At April 20, 2005 9:18 AM, Blogger JonnyQ888 said...

Thanks for the link.

 
At April 23, 2005 2:39 PM, Blogger Ottawa Information Guide said...

Thanks for the compliment, David! There are definitely better blogs out there but maybe we will submit it just to see what happens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home