Thursday, April 28, 2005

Distractions & Warm Weather

If you live in a climate that has very cold winters then you will understand how I feel when the warmer weather arrives in the spring. I do NOT want to be cooped up indoors. I would prefer to be outdoors walking, biking, sitting on a patio etc. Needless to say I am getting NO work done on our website. I have created only a few new pages in the past month. I have lots of ideas for more content but I just can't get my act together and write anything.

Now I can't blame it completely on the weather. I am the type of person that easily gets distracted. Take this blogging thing for instance. I have been wasting time searching for interesting blogs, reading other people's blogs and trying to increase my traffic on my blog. The plus side is that the more traffic I get on my blog, the more people will visit our website.

I must remain focused. I must do more work on our site. I must create some deadlines for myself. I must just give myself one big kick in the a** and get working.

I have an idea (which I should probably think about first before I type it on this blog)...oh well! Maybe I should give myself a deadline or a challenge to complete by a certain date and write it on my blog. If I have someone else to answer to other than myself then maybe I will just ignore all the distractions and get down to work. Let's try it!

Task to complete by the end of the month (2 days to go): Create one more page/article on our Ottawa Information Guide website! Yeah, yeah - you are probably saying "that isn't so hard" but when you throw work into it, then a lunch date one day, dinner with friends one night, taking care of puppy etc...it doesn't leave a whole lot of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home